COVID-19 is spread mainly through respiratory droplets released by people when they talk, cough, or sneeze. It is believed that the virus could spread to the hands through a contaminated surface and from there to the nose or mouth, causing an infection.
Therefore, personal prevention practices and environmental cleaning and disinfection are appropriate.
Fortunately, there are many steps premises with public attention can take to help reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and its spread.
Restaurants, bars, and other venues can consider implementing various strategies to encourage behaviors that will reduce the spread of COVID-19 among employees and customers.
• Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Hygiene Protocol.
• Fabric Face Covers.
• Adequate supplies.
• Posters and messages.
• Maintain healthy environments.
• Cleaning and disinfection.
• Avoid objects that are shared.
• Modification of provisions and procedures.
• Guides and physical barriers.
• Close or limit communal spaces.